Life is too short to be unhappy. Life is too short to waste it. To become a happier person, you have to choose to be happy. Many people believe things and people will make them happy and in some cases, they do until they don’t. You can have everything you ever hoped for and still be unhappy. Why? Because we believe if this happens _______ (fill in the blank), then I’ll be happy. But how long does this thing or person makes you happy? I’m pretty sure, not long at all. So what happens, we end up spending our whole life chasing happiness. Well, I am here to bring you some good news and hopefully some steps to help you find happiness.
Happiness is a state of mind. If we can learn to change our state of mind and have more realistic expectations, we can be happier. Below are some steps or suggestions to help increase your happiness.
- Have Passion. Find something you are passionate about and share it with others. Everyone has something that’s near and dear to their heart, whether it is planting a garden, building model cars, dancing, positively helping other, or writing. What are you passionate about?
- Holding grudges wears on your mental state and your body. Let it go and forgive. You will feel a lot better.
- Foster friendships. One antidote to unhappiness is close friendships with people who care about you. Let negative relationships go.
- Think Positive/Have Faith. Optimism is a hopeful, positive outlook on the future, yourself, and the world around you. It is a key part of resilience, the inner strength that helps you get through tough times. So counteract those negative thoughts and feelings with positive ones.
- Challenges. Life is full of them. Some adversity makes us stronger or at least better in some way. Everything good or bad happens for a reason. Think about. How you handle the outcome is up to you.
- Be Thankful. Gratitude is saying thanks for everything that is important to you and good in your life. Practice being thankful. Spend a few minutes at the end of each day and think about or write down what you are grateful for that day.
- Take Care of Your Body. Exercise, meditate, and relax.
- Have Fun and Enjoy Life. Cause you only get one.
I hope these suggestions help and remember you have to choose to be happy. You deserve it!